Description of "Stroll to Selmec" program!
The University of Sopron announces the "Stroll to Selmec" program. All university students can join the program!
Students often arrived at the old Alma Mater in Selmec on foot. In honor of their memory, we encourage you to collect steps between 1-31 October 2023. The main building of the University of Sopron and the main building of the old Selmec Academy are located 262 km apart by road, which means ~355,405 steps to take. With an intensity of 11,464 steps/person/day, we could even get there in one month (10,000 steps/day supports our health). Based on the number of registered steps a carbon footprint will be calculated: How much carbon emission is spared with walking? Note: we are asking that members of official hiking association or competitive athletes do not participate in this competition, because the main goal of the program is to assign sport to everyday life.
How to register and participate in the program:
Only justified steps amounts will the granted with prizes.
Prizes (incoming more prizes):
- 3 pcs baseball caps with the logo of University of Sopron DRK
- 3 pcs sport bag with the logo of University of Sopron DRK
- RAJI Ukemi Fitness training tickets (in Sopron)
The program is organized by the Green University Concept of the University of Sopron and the national green university initiatives.
- You can ask your questions here: email@example.com
- Professional coordinator: University of Sopron, Faculty of Forest Engineering, Herman Ottó Vocational College, https://www.facebook.com/HermanOttoSzakkollegium
We wish you a successful participation! Play for your health and WIN!